Introduction - SCA
Welcome to Everypay's Documentation portal.
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
EveryPay, giving priority to transaction security, is ready to welcome the new 3D Secure 2 (3DS 2) security protocol. According to law 4537/2018 (Government Gazette A '84), based on which the European Directive (EU) 2015/2366 on payment services in the internal market is incorporated in our national legal order (Payment Services Directive 2 - PSD 2), strong customer identification (Strong Customer Authentication-SCA) is mandatory.
The SCA is valid from September 14th 2019 and has a deadline on December 31st 2020. PSD2 requires changes in the way European customers complete online payments. In order to meet SCA requirements, transactions that do not follow the new authentication guidelines will be rejected by the issuing banks of your customers’ cards.
To support SCA, you must:
- Determine if your business is affected or not.
- In case you are affected, decide which of our products, which support SCA, is suitable for your business.
In case: 1) your company is based in a European Economic Area (EEA), 2) you conduct transactions on behalf of EEA-based linked accounts, 3) you have clients in the EEA, and 3) you accept cards (credit or debit), then your company is directly affected by SCA.
EveryPay products and APIs that support SCA:
EveryPay provides predefined and customizable solutions to help you meet your SCA requirements.
All the categories of EveryPays products are analyzed below, as well as the corresponding solutions we offer you:
Plugins (such as woocomerce, shopify, magento etc.)
- If you are a new customer, you can use the available plugins, which you will find at the following link: https://www.everypay.gr/integrations/
- If you are an existing customer, and use the Everypay plugins, you will need to install the latest version that will be available soon. The information will be provided in a timely manner via e-mail.
Custom Payment Form (Custom Payform)
- If you are a new customer, you can implement the new payment form: https://docs.everypay.gr/v2/accept-payments/payform/
- If you are an existing client with the current implementation and without the tokenization service, you do not need to make any changes.
- If you are an existing customer with the current implementation and have used tokenization technology, you should apply our new solution, which you will find here: https://docs.everypay.gr/v2/tokenized-payments/buttonv2- token /
- If you are an existing customer and only accept remote (MOTO) payments, you do not need to make any changes.
Make changes now to avoid rejected payments!!!!
For any information you can use the following contact details:
Phone: +30 218 218 2800
If you are currently using tokenized payments (saved card) and recurring payments (subscriptions), you will need to alter your current button-v2 to be compatible with SCA requirements. Read more here:
We recommend using Payform solution as the Button-V2 will be depreciated and not officially supported by us in the future.
Improve Customer Experience with 3DS V2
Give your customers a more seamless experience using 3DS V2. The ability of 3DS V2 to provide a frictionless payment on a case by case basis makes it easier and faster for the end user to complete payments, and for the merchant to securely receive payments online.
EveryPay is 3DS2 compliant!
The deadline for the implementation of 3DS V2 by The European Banking Authority (EBA) is: 31/12/2020.
That means that any online payment through a web browser or mobile app (with a few exceptions such as Moto payments, and Recurring payments), have to collect more information about the customer and be sent to our Servers and then routed to the Card Issuer ACS (Access Control Server) for authentication. The Card Issuer analyzes more than 150 data fields including: Billing, Shipping , Browser Info etc, and makes a decision on how to proceed with the authorization. The Card Issuer may decide to respond with a Frictionless Approval, meaning the transaction's authentication was successful of the base of the Data that were passed in on the initial request.
In the next steps you can find more information about 3DS V2 and how to become compatible, as well as increase the chances of having frictionless transactions.